Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Shanell




Art and its deeper meaning, I have always thought and thought about the actually meaning of a piece of art. Trying to understand the message the artist would be trying to convey. Getting a better understanding of the work in my own way. I always look at album covers and t- shirts that are in stores and think about the reason behind it.

Reasons behind why they chose the backgrounds and what the creature means. The album covers I am most interested in are usually of the metal genre. T- shirts I usually look into are normally any graphic tee that has a lot of detail. The band, Disturbed, their t- shirts usually intrigue me. With thoughts of what their mascot "The Guy" is trying to do and say in each shirt and album cover.

The importance of the two items help me to understand and expand my skills and give me more of an open mind to different things. The album cover to my favorite band right now seems to have a scientific feel to it. The album itself shows how the band explores new sounds and each member does something different than the last album. The discovery albums shows how they have explored with new media and gained more skill, the band always shows improvement.

******************************************************


(a photo I created in photoshop and illustrator)

When it comes to zombies, I instantly think of Resident Evil. One of the movies I favor most in the zombie category and horror favorites. When I watch the movies, I think to myself, I wouldn't fight back. I would just rather be a meal for them. There isn't a possibility being given or any hope that you won't be alone in the end of this apocalypse.



A symbol that reminds me of a Hollywood zombie is Shaggy from Scooby- Doo. I chose him because he is mindless, afraid, and always hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment