Thursday, August 11, 2011

Alex Gillespie

I was some what like Vowell because I too was in band but because it was a required course. But I also was not like Vowell I was a popular person in High School. I knew mostly everybody from freshmen to seniors. Even though I didn't associate with underclassmen like that. I was the person who was known through the whole school. I was the person who was, the funny guy and that all people liked to hang out with.

But even a guy like me could be an outcast and I was at one point and time in my life. It starts with these Church Conventions i use to go to every year. I mean everyone knew me left and right. There was a Hi, Alex here, and a Hi, Alex There. I mean I was the person to be around with to hang out. Even the adults was calling my name. Now I had stop going to these conventions for like for years straight. And now I had went this year and there were like new people I never seen before every and some old people I knew. But when I got there it was not the same I got a few hello's from the people i knew but there was nobody to hang with because the old people I knew hung out with the new people. So this year I felt like a total outcast in the Convention. I some what felt alone but I was there with my brother but when he went out with his friends there I was all alone again hanging with myself on the phone.

***************************************

There is a lot of things that I wanted to do in my life like become a rapper, drummer, and web designer. I wanted to be a rapper because of the metaphors and other parts of speech you could use in your lyrics. I was to fascinating to me how well it sound, how you can twist what your are saying to have figure out what your are trying to express. But I stopped that dream because people did not take the studio seriously and not going when we needed to. And i decided to stop rapping. I wanted to be come a drummer because of the sounds, the beats, the way can make those beats and all of that stuff. I can do a little bit on the drumming side like keeping up with the song but I wanted to do more like all of the runs in stuff coming out of the pocket. But I never really practiced like I should have so I am just weak at playing the set. But I still want to learn how to get better. And now that i am at Columbia i can practice in the music room and who ever does know how to play in the music room can give me some tips. So now theirs one more thing my dream of becoming a Web Designer. I had that dream ever since the day I took an after school matters class my freshmen year. It was so intriguing to me how yo can design your on web pages. And how easy and simple it was to make so much money. I also liked to work with computers a lot and I can also use my creativity and imagination.


No comments:

Post a Comment