Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Sebastian Hagan- WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?




The first time I came to Chicago was for admitted student day. I came with my uncle because he had business in Chicago. So for the most part I was left alone to get to my orientation and anywhere I needed to go. After I went through the whole spiel I walked outside and for the first time really felt like I was here. Instead of taking a cab back to the hotel, which was past navy pier, I decided to walk the whole way. On the way I passed Millennium Park and the two huge cube video screens that shoot water. Finally as I was walking a strange distortion of space and light caught my gaze. "WHAT THE HELL IS THAT" I thought. As I walked closer I discovered a huge group of people surrounding a giant metallic... "Bean". I stood there and walked around it in awe. It’s the closest thing I’ve seen in a while. It is still my favorite thing that I have come across in Chicago. There’s still time though, I’m sure I’ll find something better eventually. As a side note, I went to Hollywood beach; I think that’s what it’s called, with my friend Keaton. It's super nice there, mostly empty beach with clear calm water. It's relaxing, and the sears tower looks tiny from there. It kind of felt like I was away from the chaos for a minute.



**********



One way that my life has change drastically is my level of privacy. Slowly I started to become irritated with waking up every morning with someone in the shower. I CANT EVEN TAKE A PISS IN MY OWN BATHROOM. It's fine though I just go to the bathroom in the cafeteria bathroom and eat breakfast. Another thing is that for some reason or another when I try to go off and do my own thing my roommate will come with me. I NEED ALONE TIMEE!!!! I’m not rude to my roommate or anything but I just don’t want to be that guy that’s like "dude leave me alone". But i need some space after trying to fall asleep for an hour or two but I was foiled because my roommate was bore so he kept trying to wake me up. SHIT LIKE THAT. I’m a very tolerant person but, HOW CAN SOME PEOPLE NOT HAVE ANY AWAENESS THEY ARE BOTHERING SOMEONE AT SOME POINT. It’s something I need to get used to. I miss having my own room, its fun hanging out all the time but on some days you just don’t want to talk to people. At least I know I get into a mood like that on some days. All I know am I got my work cut out for me.


1 comment: