Monday, August 8, 2011

Alex Gillespie

A time I was faced with failure was my freshman year of high school. That is the year that I did no work at all. That year I failed most of my classes both semesters. But it really didn't affect me like you think it would have that year. That year I didn't car e about anything especially not failure. But when failure really it me was when I was told that I would be in a demote division because of my lack of credits. That is when I was really faced with failure. My reaction to that horrible news was unsuspecting to a lot of people. most people thought I would just give up and drop out of high school. But not me I was not that type of person to just give up. I looked back on those classes I failed and I went back through numerous parts of schooling to pass those classes. I went to night school, summer school, Saturday school, and online classes just to get back on track. And while I was doing that I was pulling A's and B's out of my regular classes in day school. I did such a good job I got out of my demote division went to a regular division and surprised a lot of people with my amazing turn around in my high school career. At the end of it all I ended up having more than enough credits to graduate, while being on the honor role. And I graduated on time with the rest of my friends and classmates.

***************************************************
My first day of bridge was very exciting to me. I couldn't wait to meet new people and make new friends. But what I really couldn't wait for was the challenge to pass this bridge program. My experience in class with my new classmates was pretty interesting to me. It seemed like mostly everybody had there little clicks already. I guess that was because they stayed on campus and stuff. But that did not stop from trying to get new friends within this program. It was even easier than I thought it would be. Well with a little help from my great personality and of course me being so funny. Now the concurring the bridge program part was a little harder. Well the teachers made it seem that way. But once you get use to the flow it can get pretty easy as you go along. All you have to do is participate, do your home work pay attention and don't fall asleep. So basically, I feel pretty good about my experience in this bridge program. Which is including the friends, atmosphere, and getting through bridge successfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment