Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Shanell:

When your in high school, there are always going to be bullies. Not just one but many of them, they all have hidden lives that they come to school and try to portray on others sometimes. In your classes, you have the opportunity to become close or just to socialize with one of these people. Many people would look at you like, why is she/ he talking to that person? It's simply because under that evil exterior has to be some good. There is a story behind every person good and bad. I took the time out to get to know a person like this in high school. The person had always looked down on me and treated me terrible, making me do things for them such as doing their homework and sharing answers on the quiz. I got to know this person personally and became very close friends. She soon came out to me and opened up with all her brilliance. No more cheating from that point on, and a great friendship started. It lasted up until the beginning of senior year when I started dating a person she had wanted two years before I met her. My best friend slowly but surely became my worst enemy.

We would do everything together, go see movies, the mall, driving, double dating, etc... then all of the sudden this one girl separated our friendship. It wasn't even a bad thing, my so called best friend always "snaked me out" a term we use for being a not so good friend. There are so many incidents where she has "snaked me out" I don't know where to start.
One time, she asked me to get a girls attention for her, once I had gotten the girls attention, my so called best friend left my side only popping back up after the girl and I had a really nice conversation. My best friend asked if I got her phone number, but my best friend didn't own a cell phone. My friends plan was to take my phone to talk to her. I told my friend that I didn't get her number even though I had gotten it. My friend was so in love with the look of the girl and didn't want to even attempt to talk to her. The whole time my friend is talking about all she wants is to be with this girl and do this and that for her but never taking action.

This girl she was taking ever so long to talk to was falling for me. I didn't know what to do because I felt the same way. My best friend found out and was "stricken." She got over her anger and went after someone that we both liked for a really long time. Sam, my best friend, was very spiteful. Many events like these lead to the end of a supposed to be perfect friendship.
******************************************************
My art is something that I take very seriously, from my drawings to my designs I would say that my work is the most valuable thing in my life. When I promote my work on "the facebook" I get so much feedback and many people wanting a picture designed or edited. When I try to sell my work to them, it's a sudden reply of "never mind, that's crazy, Hell Nahh, etc..." My work is to me legitimate because in my eye, it's not about the quality or the medium, it's about the time and thought put into the work, and the passion you have for it. I'm passionate about all my work and I would sell it for no price unless they offer a great price.

No comments:

Post a Comment