Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Brandice Gilson





I am absolutly intoxicated by historical places. I love learning about things that happened in history. It doesn't have to be U.S. history either.


Historical buildings are my muse. I am big into going to different places in the world and learning about every historical building possible in the time I have in that specific place. I find achitecture very influencial to my desings. I find it astounding how life has changed so dramaticly in a hundred plus years some times only 50 years.





Going to Chicago's Cultural center was like giving a kid in a candy store the choice to have anything they wanted. I was in heaven. The buildings history was phenominal along with the design and layout. I am now getting a lot of my design idea's from things I saw there. Back in the day they put so much detail into there architecture. The little things are what matter the most to me.





*************************************************************************

I think that since the bridge program has started I have had time to really get to know myself. I know people think they know what they want in life but they never truely get to know until they are thrown in it.


We the bridge students got a remarkable opportunity to have a chance to really realize if this is what we wanted with the added benifit of having someone there to guide us and tell us if they think we are ready or not. Having someone there that doesn't know you can be a positive or a negative thing. At first I couldn't picture myself here for a long time in chicago.


In the middle of the second week I didn't think this is what I really wanted. I am borned and raised a small town girl. But I now can see myself being and living in chicago and studying at Columbia College.


I grasp the concept now that this is really where I am suppose to be. I just need to figure out now who and what is worth being apart of my new start in a new place. I need to weed out the bad influences and keep the good. That is what will make me succesful in Columbia College and also just being in Chicago.













No comments:

Post a Comment