Monday, August 1, 2011

Brandice Gilson

As I grew up, my sister and I were labled "armybrats." Our father is a dedicated soldier of the United States Army and United States National Guard. My sister and I didn't have to travel around as much as normal dependents of Soldiers. We were lucky enough to not to, considering the fact that my father was active duty. For most of my life he has been in exotic places, always giving us the advantage to explore the world but through my fathers eyes. Up until a few years ago he was my eyes but now not so much. I travel around the world, getting to know the cultures of everyone else. I get several experiences that most kids my age would not get. I seem to have the world in my hands. My sister and I get the advantages that other people would only dream of. That's why armybrat is such a common label for most dependents of soldiers. People look at us as spoild rotten kids because of the benifits we get. We never looked at it as a bad thing though, we surprisingly took pride in the label we accuiered from our fathers occupation. We were and still are proud to say that we are armybrats and our father is defending our country

No comments:

Post a Comment