Monday, August 15, 2011

Stay Far Away from Me

Kelcher Edwards

A loud bang woke me up from a love scene with Denzel Washington. I rip the covers off my bed and run down stairs. A horrifying scene stops me dead in my tracks. My dad was standing over my mom with a knife that was drenched in blood. I didn't want to believe that it was her blood but I had a good idea that it was her blood. My father looks up at me, starring me right in my eyes. I quickly run upstairs and head for my brothers room to make sure he's ok. He was still sleep, I lock the door behind me and grab my brother trying not to wake him up. I could tell he pissed on himself because the smell of urine violated my nose. I grabbed his diaper bag and went for the window. I threw the diaper bag on the ground and my brother woke up from the loud booming noise that it made. He didn't cry but he started to whine. He wrapped his arms around my shoulders tightly and wrapped his legs around my waist as well. I could tell my father was clothes to breaking the door down, so I took a risk and jumped. Luckily we had a old matress by the garbab cans that we didn't want that I landed on. I grabbed the bag and my brother and I ran as fast as we could. Suddenly I felt a sharp pain hit the side of my leg. I fell so hard I could taste the tar and blood in my mouth from hitting my face to the ground. My brother stopped but I yelled for him to keep running. The knife pierced through my heart. I was dieing slowly, but I could feel the roughness of my father's unshaved face. His face began to fade slowly and then darkness. I jumped up from my bed and looked around. "Oh sweet, it was just a dream".
*******************************************************
It was September 9, 2001. I was sitting in front the t.v. while mom was making dinner and talking to her sister to see if she got on the plane in Newyork safely. My aunt worked for an organization that helped kids get a better education in forigen countires. I sat watched my favorite cartoon Tom and Jerry. All of a sudden we heard a loud scream from the other end of the phone. My aunt noticed a plane go into one of the twin towers. We were frightened and worried that her plane wouldn't do the same into the other tower. We just wanted her to get home safely. After an hour of calming her down and my aunt noticed that her plane was not going longer that it should have been. She looked out the window and saw that the plane was also getting lower. Some peope noticed it as well. A voice over on the plane told them to be calm and if anyone moved they will kill everyone on the plane. My aunt started to tell us how much she loved us and what she wanted our family to have of hers. My dad turned the news on and I saw a plane hit into a tall building. At this time both towers were down in new york. Which meant both planes crashed into the building but I my aunt was still alive. Tears fell from my eyes just seeing my mother cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment