Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Shanell: Conflict& Complaining

Issues at home can lead to having lots of emotions being signaled. In fact many of the issues in a home exist because of a persons emotional state of mind. Everyone deals with his and her own problems in society and themselves. Most of them are conflicts being dealt with in their own minds. Like a war going on between your thoughts and actual emotions (feelings). What you think is something that you can't always know that the person is thinking the same. Maybe the person feels the same and thinks differently. This is something my father and I have in common. Not so much of the same thought stream, especially because I'm always told that I have a one track mind. My father is actually the one with this " one track mind" seeing as though I ask a question and he relates it in any way, shape or form to money and knowledge.

My differences with my father cause conflict because we can only stand one another for three days at a time. There is always one comment stated that sends us in opposite directions. For him it's talking about his wife, Carolyn, my sister and I have always had this sense that she is just here for the money and not for my father. The conflict has toned down a lot, especially after my fathers father has passed. My step mother, Carolyn, has helped my father to maintain stability. Remaining the man that he always has been, but stronger. My grandfather passed away two weeks before my high school graduation and his ticket was now free. My father really wanted me to give it to my step mother but my mother and her parents sought to it that Carolyn did not touch that ticket. I looked at it as being devious, how could they be so petty over something so small? these are questions that crossed my mind. I then figured out the problem was, my aunt wanted to attend my high school graduation as well. The extra ticket caused so much controversy in my homes. They we're so caught up in fighting over a ticket to exclude one person from attending the ceremony that they had forgotten it was my decision overall. My aunt, whom had done so much for me throughout my high school career, just off the back to me, did not deserve the ticket. Neither does my step mother though, they are both greatly appreciated to me though. My step mother helped prevent my father from slipping into a depression, which I love her for now, and all my aunts hard work on helping raise me.

After all the fighting, I just took the tickets as soon as I recieved them and gave two for my father and his mother, and the other three remained in my possesion. I just wanted to see how much my family would complain about me even keeping the three to myself. They hadnt seen that this was just a very little thing to fight over. They then realized this is a celebration of me graduating high school. Once the "eye opener" was confirmed, I then took the ticket to my grandmother, she would know just what to do. She gave the ticket to her husband.
After the graduation ceremony, both sides of my family took pictures together and all acted like we had the perfect little family. Hey, at least we got through the conflict& complaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment